Skip to content
Ingredients for 24 to 25 pieces:
Ingredients for the meat:
- 250 gr. chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika powder
- pepper and salt
Ingredients for the semolina dough:
- 500 gr. coarse semolina
- 420 ml. lukewarm water
- 2 small spoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons sweet pepper powder
Preparation of the meat:
- Mix the parsley and the onions together very finely.
- Mix everything with the minced meat.
- Add the pepper, salt, paprika powder and the tomato puree to it.
Prepare the dough:
- Mix the semolina with the burgul, salt, paprika powder and 250 ml water and let rest 5 min.
- Knead everything well with each other 3 min and add the rest of the lukewarm water to it and then knead another 8 mins.
- Put a little lukewarm water in a bowl next to you to moisten your hands.
- Take a hand of 20 gr. of the dough and make and press flat already rotating in your palm, thickness of 1 cm.
- Take and small spoon of the spiced meat and put in it, squeeze the ends close to each other.
- Moisten your hands with some water if the dough is dry or hard to open in your hand.
- Do this until the dough is on and put the filled dough side by side, beware that they do not stick together.
- Put 4 liter of water in a deep pot and bring to a boil with 5 small spoons of salt.
- When the water boils dip the dumplings one by one in it. Do not boil them all at the same time let cook 15 min.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir gently.
- When they are cooked, gently pull them out with a sieve spoon and dip the 2nd part into it and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a little cooking damp.