Filled Grape leaves
Ingredients for 3 to 4 persons:
- 300 gr. Grape leaves
- 250 gr. minced meat
- 225 gr. Risotto rice
- 2 tbsp. dried mint
- 2 tbsp. paprika powder
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- Pepper & Salt
- 80 ml. Lemon juice
- 1.5 L. Water
- 15 ml. Lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- Rinse the grape leaves with cold water several times.
- Rinse the rice with cold water.
- Mix the meat, 80 ml. lemon juice, 1 tbsp. dried mint, tomato puree, paprika powder along with the rice.
- Spice it with salt and pepper.
- Take a grape petal leave 1 finger free and place a bit of stuffing in it.
- Iron the filling horizontally with your hand through the petal.
- Fold the free section and sides on the filling and roll well to the end.
- Cover the bottom of a deep pot with some loose leaves and place the garlic and the rolled leaves nicely.
- Cover again the rolled leaves in the jar with some loose leaves.
- Place an appropriate plate reversed on the rolled grape leaves in the jar and cover with 1,5 l. water.
- Bring the pot to the boil, put the heat at low temperature and let it cook for 1 hour.
- Add 15 ml. lemon juice and 1 tbsp of dried mint and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.