Oven Baked Kibbeh
Ingredients for 3 to 4 persons:
For the filling:
- 250 gr. minced meat
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 20 gr. butter
Preparation of the filling:
- Heat the butter in a jar and fry the onions in it.
- Add the minced beef and stir fry with a fork until the meat has become in fine pieces.
- Add the pepper and salt and turn off the heat and let the filling become cold.
For the kibbeh:
- 250 gr. Beef mince
- 300 Gr. fine Burgul
- Half Onion
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili powder
- 150 ml. Water
Preparing the KIBBEH:
- Soak the Burgul in 200 ml water for 10 min.
- Add the pepper and salt, paprika powder and onion.
- Mix everything well and add the meat.
- Grind everything in the mincer and gradually add 150 ml of water.
- Repeat only the grinding up to 3 times on the middle position.
- Take a round baking dish and smear it with butter, the sides as well.
- Take a hand of the dough (30gr.) Moisten your hands with a little water and press flat in palm of your hand in 0.5 cm. Thick.
- Place the flat kibbeh in the baking dish each time the same until the scale is completely covered.
- Moisten your hands with a little water and rub everything nicely flat.
- Spread the filling nicely evenly flat over the flat kibehh in the baking dish.
- Take another hand of dough (30gr.) Moisten your hands with a little water and press flat in palm of your hand in 0.5 cm. Thick.
- Place the flat kibbeh on the chopped filling in the baking dish each time the same until the dish is completely covered.
- Moisten your hands again with a little water and rub everything nicely flat.
- Go with the knife against the sides of the baking dish loosen the kibbeh.
- Divide the Kibbeh into 8 parts and cut 3 even slices in each part beginning each side.
- Make another 3 slices in each part in the contrast beginning with the side.
- Make holes with the knife in the kibbeh and divide with the tablespoons of good butter on it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 45 min. At 200 ° on the lowest position without hot air.
Tip: First start with the preparation of the filling. you can add pine nuts to the filling for extra taste.
Serve with a fresh salad and a glass of yoghurt drink.