Stuffed peppers with burgul
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 gr. veal minced meat
- 250 gr. coarse burgul
- 1 small spoon of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2 shallots
- 1 white onion
- 3 tomato
- 10 red point peppers (or 5 red meat peppers)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 meat tomatoes cut large blocks
- Mix the shallots and the tomatoes together.
- Mix the burgul together with the minced meat, tomato puree, paprika powder, pepper, salt and the lemon juice.
- Wash the peppers well with cold water and cut the back side off and remove the seeds by hand. Be careful not to let the pepper burst. Rinse again the inside with cold water until all the seeds are out.
- Fill in half of the peppers with the burgul and minced mixture.
- Take a cooking pot and cut the onion into large pieces and put them together with the garlic in it, place the stuffed peppers nicely in it and cover with water until the peppers are completely covered and put the lid on the pot and bring to the boil on average fire for 1 hour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried mint, add salt if necessary and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat with the lid on.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a deep bowl, making sure that the peppers do not fall out.
- Serve the peppers with a little of the cooking juice.
Serve a little loose yogurt in a separate bowl