Stuffed peppers with rice
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 gr. veal mince
- 250 gr. rice
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 small spoon of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 10 Red pointed peppers (or 5 red meat peppers)
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 tomatoes cut large blocks
- Rinse the rice well with cold water.
- Mix the rice together with the minced meat, 1 tablespoon dried mint, tomato puree, paprika, pepper, salt and lemon juice well mixed.
- Wash the peppers well with cold water and cut the back side off and remove the seeds by hand. Be careful not to let the pepper burst.
- Rinse the inner side again with cold water until all seeds are out.
- Fill with the rice and minced mixture half of the peppers.
- Take a cooking pot and put the garlic in it, place the filled peppers nicely in it and cover with water until the peppers are fully covered with water and put the lid on the jar and bring to a boil on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried mint, if necessary add salt to it and allow to cook for 15 min on a soft fire with the lid on it.
- Turn off the heat and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a deep bowl, note that the peppers do not fall out.
- Serve the peppers with a bit of cooking juice.
Serve in a separate bowl a little loosely whipped yogurt.