Kenafeh with sour cream
Ingredients for 4 people:
Ingredients for sugar water:
- 400 gr. crystal sugar
- 800 ml. water
- 1/4 kl. citric acid
- 2 tbsp. blossom water (also available in one or other Turkish or Moroccan shop)
Ingredients for the Kenafeh:
- 500 gr. Kenafeh (you can easily find the kenafeh at one of Turkish or Moroccan shops)
- 500 gr. sour cream
- 2500 gr. butter
- First start by preparing the sugar water (preferably one day before and put it in the refrigerator).
- Bring the sugar and water to boil, at the time of cooking add the blossom water and the lemon acid, turn off the heat and let it get cold.
- Mix the kenafeh with the butter and mix well in the kitchen robot.
- butter the oven dish of 30 cm. long and divide 3/4 of the mixed Kenafeh into it.
- Spread the sour cream on the kenafeh and distribute the remaining mixed kenafeh on it.
- Place the Kenafeh in the preheated 200 ° oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take a larger round oven dish and turn the fried kenafeh in and pour the cold water evenly on it.
Serve: finish with finely ground pistachio nuts.